so...DJ and I had this conversation about dating people with "troubles"...he asked if I was still in that stage of life where I liked that...my response was that EVERYONE has their troubles...some more than others maybe...but that is what makes a person.
I look back on my past, and Lawyer was probably the first guy that I dated that had troubles and ADMITTED he was somewhat troubled. I don't mean troubled in a bad way or good way, just had issues with his life, the way he was brought up, where he was at, where he was going. To me, these are not troubles because I deal with these issues every day. We ALL have issues. It is unfair for a person to say they are a "troubled" one...although I think these artists types tend to milk that label for everything it is worth.
I wish i could sell everything I own and write a book about the experience...maybe in a few years I will. Yet, I do not feel the need to label myself as a "troubled" individual, outside of this blog.
Which raises the question...I obviously consider myself "troubled" on some level...but not the level I project to others (that I know personally).
but it is all a matter of comparison too....my basis for "troublesome" range from Lawyer who gave up the "dream" legal career and moved to South America (love it) to DJ who has parental issues to Roomie and her suicidal brother. My troubles stem from only-childism and forced religion...neither of which i consider to be particularly tough. seriously.
This whole sprained wrist thing BLOWS...but every day i am so thankful because it could be so much worse.
on another note...as Rebs says...I've reached the point with people that i know and law school experiences in general that I find myself just saying completely outlandish things just to get a response. many times i don't even care what the response is but i just want one. i just want to hear the response to i can analyze it and think wtf, did that person really just respond that way OR hmmm what can i say now to get another reaction, and what will that reaction be....
14 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment