there is something invigorating about picking my seats on the flight...especially when i have enough miles for a free trip to Vancouver....YAY!!! heh...its kind of funny...I wonder who I will sit by on the plane? I'll never forget the over-eager Jewish mother on the same row as me on my last trip to L.A....telling me about the magic of her son's long distance, 8 year relationship. ha. Sometimes I feel like talking, sometimes I don't. It is always interesting to get into someone's life story. Then the guy on the way home for Thanksgiving, who was going to meet the new love of his life...someone he met online after a divorce from a cheating wife.
I always get anxious and hope no one sits directly next to me...I usually plan well enough ahead that I don't get a middle seat...and there is always the strategically placed purse in the middle or the glaring looks. Or, if I'm in a good mood, a friendly smile, and "sure, go ahead." I'll never forget Jess's inspiring story of meeting Mr. Right Now on a flight home for the holidays. Some things in life are random, some are not, and some things I guess you just never know, and it is up to one's own mind to make that determination.
Dust and his friend Leah are skiing in Whistler for a couple of days...then spending three nights in Vancouver...for which I am joining them. I will get there a day early for 24 hours of solo exploring. Looks like they've picked a sweet hotel...I'm sure I will be positively freezing...but I've never been there and why not.
time to research things to do in Vancouver!
14 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment