Saturday, January 30, 2016

Day 30!

Day 30 of the "cleanse" -- minus 4 days in Miami last week with a couple of gluttonous steak/pizza type meals and reasonable amounts of alcohol -- surrounded by old friends, sunny and warm environs, a wedding, our hold favorite haunts, it was just a necessary but fun evil.  Otherwise we have been very good.  I feel good.  I feel lighter somehow.  like I don't get that heavy gross feeling in my stomach after I eat.  I still feel like sometimes portions are an issue, I want to keep going back, but I am trying to be very aware of that.  Workouts have been good.  Took my first pilates class with the instructor that will be teaching the course last week.  She seems like she has a good personality and will be a good teacher, I am really looking forward to that which starts next week.  Been trying to do some stuff at the gym on my own and it just feels great, I am so motivated and excited.  having brunch with a girlfriend and her friend that are interested in opening a Pilates studio...where ideas are born!

Work really picked up last week.  I got our first file (with tremendous help from F and A) from PB which was a really amazing feeling.  I have really worked hard for that over the past six months and it has, like, been my baby.  Finally, finally it is happening and it makes me feel good about my career choice and how things are going.  But it was a crazy busy week.  Had a really good result for one of my clients, as well, so all positive.  Did I meet my goal of two new clients/matters in January?  I guess not technically but the PB one sort of counts (and it is potentially a HUGE one) even though we haven't actually done the work yet, and I have to say, I had at least 3-5 leads and just none of them came to fruition.  OH well, good thing there are 11 more months in the year!

Otherwise feeling good.  We are narrowing in on buying a house... a two-flat that needs LOTS of TLC...but going to meet with our contractor at the property tomorrow and see what we can do with it and if it is worth going forward.  We are debating between keeping it a two-flat and single family; single family mortgage would be about $3K per month... just a lot to choke down.... we could afford it, but there goes our mad money and travel budget.  Two flat configuration just isn't what we had in mind and lots of zoning headache to get that changed.

Exciting stuff though!

No comments: