I've been feeling really good -- positive, motivated, driven, focused (yay for New Years' resolutions), eating healthy, staying strong on the 30 days booze free, energetic, working out, etc....then, come home and snap on my poor hubby for not putting the dishes in the dishwasher. Granted, it was kind of a long day at work, it took me forever to get home, but there is no excuse. BUT I have asked him multiple multiple multiple times to deal with the dishes please before I come home as the last thing I can stand in the evening (right before I have to cook again) is a pile of crap. Obviously I have some delivery issues and we have hashed this out before but there are just some things that really drive me nuts!
So, while I'm sure there have been others, this was my first significant eff-up for 2016. But who's counting. Fortunately, we get a fresh start with each breath, no?
Other than that, I registered for my pilates teacher training and CANNOT WAIT to get going with that and see what doors and possibilities it opens. Work has been fun - we got new software and hired a social media person. So aside from the usual work b.s. (and the "borrowing" of funds from my 401k) it's just been great actually. It's truly the little things. And it's Friday tomorrow.
So I sort of resolved to write each day because I thought I would really be struggling with the diet. It's not too bad. I don't miss meat and I have been having fun experimenting with vegan recipes. I had half of a suspiciously non-diet desert at a luncheon yesterday and a roll that probably definitely had butter, but otherwise I've been ok this week. I think my hubs is a little over the repetition of beans, but I think he's losing weight so one can't complain too much! I'm proud of him... he's been working out and really eating well so that makes me happy. The no booze is sort of hard socially but we've just been avoiding social situations lol. It's boring in a way, but it is also cold AF outside so kind of nice just to hibernate and have an excuse to stay home. Weekends are tough especially but, we got this.
I'm making a lentil-walnut loaf at the moment...yeah... there's that to look forward to.
14 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment