Sunday, January 10, 2016

Trying to talk myself off the ledge.  I just took a look at my retirement account and realized my employer did not fund a good portion of my account until near the end of the year.  I don’t want to dwell on this but I need to think of how to approach it and how to make sure it stops happening without compromising anything else.  It’s just so frustrating because it’s not even one of those things that makes me want to walk away, because things are otherwise good… ugh.

On to the four-hour work week’s next exercise.  Also, I woke up with an epiphany of sorts on Thursday morning…which I think was a day or two after I did the last exercise…don’t want to put too much weight on that but the correlation is interesting and somewhat undeniable.  I have been working my mind around needing/wanting a hobby…sometimes when I come home or on weekends I just feel sort of bored… like, this weird emptiness of, ok, another night in front of the TV…which don’t get me wrong…nothing I love more than a good glass of wine and night of Dateline with my hunny… but you know.  Anyway, I’ve done Pilates on and off for years and always wanted to get certified…just never had the right timing to do it in Miami and have not found a studio here that I am crazy about.  So anyway, I just decided that I am going to do it this year.  After a couple of days of research online I found a program that I am happy with and will sign up this week (after my CC cycle starts over LOL)….and maybe one day I will have my own studio.  My goal right now is just to get through the certification and see what doors open. I  just feel like it is meant to be.  The program I found coordinates nicely with almost all of the weekends we have free this year and it’s near to where we live.  Starts February 5 and I could not be more excited.

SO, with that in mind, it is helpful to have the focus of something while reading and working through this book.  Again, I don’t see myself quitting law altogether and teaching Pilates, but a tiny part of my soul does see that.  A cute little studio in Avondale called [myname’s Pilates].   Lofty and light and I really see myself more behind the scenes than instruction, but whatever.  I just see it somehow.  Or not, still a great thing to know and be able to do oneself. 


What would you do if there were no way you could fail and were 10 times smarter than the rest of the world?
Open my studio and law office and be done with it. 

6 month timeline:
Dream of having:
·      2-Flat House for rehab
·      A 15K raise
·      12 new clients
·      5K per month in income from own clients
·      Help – associate or admin?  Someone to do personal b.s.


Dream of being:
·      halfway through Pilates training (225 hours)
·      Respected among peers
·      Working less hours – 20-30 p/week

Dream of doing:
·      A couple of 5ks
·      Completing wedding photo album!
·      Preplanned trips – Bahamas, Sonoma
·      A headstand
·      1 pull-up

12 month timeline:
Dream of having:
·      2 Flat nearly complete
·      End of year bonus commensurate with efforts
·      24 new work clients
·      3 Pilates clients
·      significant PB work

Dream of being:
·      nearly done with Pilates training
·      Contemplating being able to open own office?  Or just work independently. 

Dream of doing:
·      Planning Nepal trip for 2017
·      The splits
·      5 pull-ups


No comments: