Saturday, January 3, 2009

Recap

Some years I make them, some years I don't. Whether I make them or not, there are few that I have kept. I hesitate to even look at last years' so as not to disappoint myself but I suppose I should.

I always like to do a re-cap of the previous year...what happened...explore how things changed for me.

January: I feel like I was very strong this month. I went through a break up at the end of 2007, so a new start in 2008 was amazing timing and I felt great...I had my health back...I owned my life, 2L year was good as far as grades go, and I was back on the Mr. A high. (remembered how I felt about seeing him New Years 08 from reading my old blog from then just now...) Chili cook-off was in January too...always a great time. Went to New York for Roomie reunion 2008...

February: Was another good month. There was Daytona 500, probably being depressed on Valentine's day, ran into Lawyer at the Pink Party..kicked him in the shin...got it out...went full circle on that train ride.

March: Went to Berlin and Prague...amazing. There was winter music conference... days in the pool with Lawyer...school...tax...

April: summed up by Barristers Ball and the dream/nightmare of C and Key West that followed for a month or so after and resulted in one of the (so far) most influential and educational and traumatic experiences of my life.

May: Always defined by exams...this time also by a violent, heart-wrentching break-up and wasted vacation. Started my job at The Firm...got my first taste of that whole (beautiful) world.

June: Working...meeting work guy...L.A. for the wedding and seeing A. Some talking to Joe...meeting people outside of law school...wait, there IS life out there!....concerts

July: Working...trip to D.C. which confused me more than anything else that resulted from it...more work guy and Joe...slipping into that comfort....concerts...Brooks and Dunn...amazing....

August: Started amazingly with the retreat...sigh...those were happy days...rolling in the sheets, talking, being so sure and unsure of the future all at once...

September: Again, defined by an amazing trip. Peru!

October: Turning 25. I swear, this happened and I hit an awful downturn for the next few months. I think some other factors (absence of Workie) contributed...but whatever...mom's visit...

November: going through the motions by this point....Wine country -- awesome and amzing but bittersweet wake-up call of my ability to convince myself of something that is not. Pre-exam period sucks...Home for Thanksgiving... always nice...

December: day in day out in the library, then straight home. Phoenix with the parents, awesome Christmas...and Vegas for New Years...

2008 was a good year...I feel like there were two or three periods of ecstacy, followed by periods of devastating low-ness. Fortunately for me, 2009 has started on a high note and I feel great, after the past few months of being down in the dumps. This year is a huge one for me in terms of professional change and development...i KNOW that I am at a great place in my life and I am excited to see what the year has to offer.

No comments: