Thursday, January 1, 2009

Like it's 2009...

2009 will always be the year I graduated law school...I need to do a year re-cap...NYE was fun...more on that later. In typical fashion wore ourselves out on the 30th...went to this new place Lavo for dinner...Michael Phelps was in attendance...he seemed like a fish out of water...no pun intended...we kind of felt bad for him because it just seemed like a bunch of groupies tagging along with him. Anyway then we went to the club upstairs...total madness and lots of funny antics...including underage celebrities, shots, being asked to leave the club, eating at Grand Luxe like the old days, near-miss fights, etc...typical Vegas madness...I felt like a college girl again, ha. Woke up in my friend's boss's room at the Venetian...that girl sure hooks it up.

I also saw the ex, S...we'd had dinner the first night and not gonna lie...I wanted some loving and there is nothing like the familiar...We hadn't spoken in probably over a year and I was not sure what to expect. But when things went well and I remembered why I once-upon-a-time liked him, we caught up the next day and hung out after I had lunch with my old boss. That was fun too...seems like he is doing really well, and I am happy to know that offer is still on the table. We had margaritas and fish tacos, just like the old days. He sent me an old INXS album that he says reminds me of him. I was hurting a bit (ok, a lot) from the night before but hopefully managed to form sentences and not sound or act like a complete lush. Anyway hanging with S was good...of course I go over in my head, wondering why we DID break up...or why I broke up with him...but its nice in the kind of situation we are in now...no pressure or whatever, so we were honest with eachother about all of the things that were wrong with our relationship and what is up with us now in life...I invited him to come visit if he wants...why not right?

Like I said, everyone was pooped on New Year's eve...it was tough to rage but we had some champagne, got ready at the Venetian with the girls and somehow made it until midnight...saw Fergie perform...not impressed...danced...laughed...loved...saw this HOT cop that I used to be obsessed with watching at the gym...told him so...oops. At the end of the night we went to eat breakfast and ran into more people randomly that I knew from back in the day...crashed out back in the gorgeous suite...woke up and spent the day hurting on D's mom's couch haha. I watched Dude Where's My Car...hilarious. Got on the plane last night...spent the evening with Jess and woke up to watch old church camp videos and look at pictures from childhood with her. Good times...

I'm so exhausted...running on very little sleep...glad to be home with my parents some more...but anxious to get back to my routine at home home. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: