Roomie and I just went to Ringling Bros. circus. It was awesome, and left me wondering what kind of person decides to up and join the circus, how the heck they transport all the animals and equipment, where the creativity and inspiration for such an amazing production comes from, the history of circuses in general, and how it all comes together.
The animals are incredible...elephants, tigers, dogs, white ponies, the black stallion....the costumes are beautiful...again, I wonder where the inspiration comes from...i think my favorite is the trapeze or the contortionists...makes me definitely want to hit up yoga tomorrow...
this all follows an amazing South Beach night...I had dinner at the new Morgans hotel at Asia de Cuba...great food, better people watching. Then we went to China Grill for some drinks and the new Fountainbleu for dancing...we were bored and deciding against spending 15 a pop on drinks and walking out the door when some guy offered us his bottle and table since he was leaving. the night just got so much better -- somewhere to sit, our own space, and free drinks! We chatted with the guy and his friends for a bit and then they left...we wandered around dancing, etc. I met a hot brazillian soccer player and danced with him...saw a big group of Workie's friends and one of them very nearly crossing the line with a girl not his girlfriend. Not to judge, but he always seemed like such a sweet, innocent guy and to see that happening was a reality check that you are the company you keep. BUt of course it was the club and everyone was wasted...but THEN when I was talking him he kept grabbing my ass. I was quite shocked. I tried to get info about Workie out of him since he was so obliterated, but to no avail.
We left the club and roomie and i randomly started talking to some guys who said they were from Switzerland...we decided to join them for breakfast and get advice about life from someone who's been there. They were cool -- I love meeting people like that and ahving random, fun conversations. I think they got wierded out by one of our friens who happened to be at the same restaurant and was being obnoxious towards us...they split and we finally rolled home around 7 am. ridiculous...old enough to know better, but still too young to care :)
14 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment