Thursday, May 7, 2009

He had a yellow Corvette

So...I went to starbucks on the beach this a.m....soy latte, extra hot. Family law study guide in hand.

This guy pulls up in a yellow Corvette. I'm partial...I love Vette's, he looks like Dwight, he has a girlfriend, he has blue eyes, he "does Real Estate," I'm lonely, I have coffee, I don't want to study. Recipe for perfection.

We chat for awhile about the mundaneness of life. My job, his job. I head to the beach for sun. He joins, after trying to get me a margarita and failing. He told me about quantum mechanics and how his friend has a seaplane. He wants to take me for a ride. I think about how i TOTALLY know his type. I am doing whatever he says for the next 6 hours. We both need something right now.

So, I have this damn review session at 2. I go. Then he calls me. Then I meet him at Key Biscayne, and only paid $0.95 of the toll b/c I thought it took Sunpass. His friend takes me up in an Aerospace Superlight or some ridiculous machine that is half rowboat, half sea plane. Its like parasailing with a motor instead of a boat. Totally hot. We see Madonna's house, Charley Sheen's house, Rosie O'Donnell's house, etc and then we fly by my home and office. I waived at the ole' Plaza to say hi to my future life. I am in a sea plane right now. Over the bay. With the friend of someone I met at Starbucks this morning.

Corvette boy says he wants to call me. I ask him what his girlfriend thinks of that. He says he isn't going to tell her. I told him that is his decision to make. Grimy. Use somebody...Kings of Leon...aren't we all?

i've been roaming around
always looking down at all i see
painted faces fill the places i can't reach

you know that i could use somebody
you know that i could use somebody
someone like you

and all you know
and how you speak
countless lovers undercover of the street

you know that i could use somebody
you know that i could use somebody
someone like you

off in the night,
while you live it up, i'm off to sleep
waging war to shake the poet and the beat

i hope it's gonna make you notice
i hope it's gonna make you notice
someone like me
someone like me
someone like me

go and let it out
someone like you
somebody
someone like you
somebody
someone like you
somebody

i've been roaming around
always looking down at all i see

No comments: