Graduation week was absolutely perfect and incredible, and everything I dreamed it would be. I was once again reminded how awesome and supportive my family is, how much I appreciate them, and how much they center me back to reality.
Everyone got here Thursday and Friday...we went to Fairchild's and Monty's to eat, then caravaned to my apartment so everyone could see it. We cooked out and caught up and then Saturday we had a bbq out at Key Biscayne in Crandon Park. There was a reception on campus Saturday night for families to mingle, and it was so fun to show off my grandparents and parents. funny moments were Rocks telling my mom that I throw great parties, and Country introducing me to his dad as his "girlfriend" right in front of his real girlfriend. i had a beautiful new pink and white flowered sundress....After the reception, me, D, and Uncle went for drinks at Area 31...it was great to talk to him and get to know him a little. I've always thought he was such a neat person and it is so hard to get away from everyone and get to chat about stuff that maybe isnt so appropriate for the dinner table. He told me some family drama and we talked about books and politics and my job. Very cool.
Sunday was the big graduation day, and I woke up just thrilled and filled with adrenaline. I went over to the hotel for breakfast with the family and hung out chatting in the room and at the pool. Headed home to get ready and had to be to campus at 1. stood around with people, the majority of which I will never see again. It reminded me of college graduation a lot. The ceremony was very nice and when they conferred the degrees I just got the neatest feeling in my heart. Walking up to be hooded was very cool too, such a surreal moment. Amazing how the time flies and what a fantastic accomplishment. My mom waved wildly everytime i looked over, and later told me her and my dad were in tears when I walked on stage. I love them so much.
we had dinner at Fogo...I think everyone really got a kick out of it. the manager was very accomodating and we had delicious papaya ice cream with creme de casis topping. after I walked with my aunt and cousins to Lincoln road for souvenirs.
So I'm a J.D. now which is amazing and so exciting. Bar review class started today and 6 hours of learning was tough to deal with after all the exitement and climax of the weekend. I was so sad to leave everyone last night and it is always almost a scary feeling for me. everything was perfect and wonderful and truly went off without a hitch.
I actually feel very mentally prepared and ready to take the exam. I am looking forward to the routine and the challenge in a really sick way. it will be nice to have a very definable goal to work toward and I am pretty amazed at everything I learned just today. Its just crazy how the last three years culminated over the weekend...its like going up over a little hill, coming down, and then looking up and there is another one right in front of you. but then when you get there you don't even realize that you'd reached the top of the other one. like, I graduated law school yesterday. that's such a wierd feeling!!!!
14 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment