Monday, February 23, 2009

there is something about the sounds

of the city on a Monday morning. It is especially notable after the near silence of Sunday. The engines, construction, trains....starts out relatively quiet....slowly increasing to the 9 am rush, then evens out for the day, picks up again later, and then the quiet of night. The sounds of industry and work yet the sluggishness of a Monday morning, the reluctance. The sun rising slowly in time with it all. A big orange one today, particularly pretty. I'm going for a run on the beach then Bikram.
I took a "me" weekend and stayed in...got up early for Yoga and a bike ride Saturday, and then went indoor rock climbing with R. It was super fun and we are going again tomorrow. We went to Scottie's afterward and indulged in steak sandwiches and beer, watching the water and talking about life...what a great place. Sunday I got up and read the paper at Starbucks, rode over to Crandon Park, did laps in the pool, worked on some homework and made sweet potato rolls for a friend's Oscar watch party, which was really fun. I loved Angelina Jolie's look of jade earings with the black dress...I"m ripping that off for my Barrister's dress this year.

1 comment:

Parad0x said...

There is no in-between in my city. Either traffic is insane, or there's none. I'd like to live somewhere with some sort of moderation in traffic.

Come to think of it, I'd like to live in a city with ANY sort of moderation.