Friday, December 27, 2013

New year, new me... again?

It is also "that" time of year, but really, for once I am setting some serious, defined goals.  Not "lose weight" or "be a better person."  I am going to make an actual real, physical, touchable vision board next week.  And I have been spending a lot of time thinking about these goals, particularly with starting a new job in a new city and all of that.  I have been given a "start over" AGAIN, not that I am running or hiding from anything, but that sense of newness and freshness is always good and encouraging.  Trying to remember what it thought I was I wanted when I started this journey -- a lot of it I've got, and a lot of it (that I don't got), I have lost sight of for some reason. 

Does getting married make you boring?  I was reading over some old Christmas-time posts from 2008, just months before I met my dearest.  I was in love with, like, four people.  Too funny.  I feel so much more mentally stable and secure now, yet not at all.  I am 100% sure in our relationship and him, know that is not going anywhere, but I am scared that I could do something incredibly stupid at any moment that would change the direction.  I don't consider myself an extremely volatile person or anything like that and in fact I am quite stable compared with some very dear friends.  But, I guess it just makes you realize how we grow and change without even really knowing it.  I remember that hateful feeling of restlessness and sadness at the holidays without having anyone to call on Christmas, etc.  Now, here I am in the city of my hubby's parents and freaking out about various opinions of his mother and trying to not be overcome with some negativity.  oy oy oy.

No comments: