Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Learning Humility

After my little outburst earlier, stemming from someone who essentially told me to shut up and listen and don't challenge him, was rewarded with a nice email saying I was (maybe) right and that I am talented, thanks for being thorough, etc.

Things like this are gratifying, but provide a lesson in humility too.  I am confident in my position, but I respect his and would make it work.  But it was a lesson to me to approach slowly, be respectful, keep my cool, and be reasoned at all times.  I tend to get flustered, fly off the handle, and act like a crazy person.  I have GOT to keep this in check, especially with people that put bread in my basket.  But, I think a sense of respect develops when you can state your position with support and disagree and be right.  (maybe -- we will discuss tomorrow).  Truly, so often with him I am flat out wrong because I missed something very basic like a small word or read the wrong version of a document.  So, it's like, nice to be right, but it makes you think thank God I got this one, how many have I missed that I was so sure and ended up the fool?


No comments: