Tuesday, May 24, 2016

being in vegas is so wierd

I don't think I can have a normal Vegas experience...having lived here for four years (and LIVING every second of it) coming here as a tourist and especially as a work-tourist is crazy. 

Here for a real estate conference which has been fantastic... met this chick last week at our work happy hour who invited me to come with her and friends for a Sun-Tues stretch of Vegas networking...Boss man said go for it so I booked a 48 hour trip.  Things that have happened since I landed at 10 a.m. on Sunday:

  • PG got me great room at Vdara.
  • Cranked out SJB motion on plane.
  • Met "John" at pool and basically just wanted someone to talk to so went for it and stupidly gave him my cell because I thought the girls I was hanging with would want to meet dudes.  So stupid and just dumb.  but whatever....free mimosa...wait...but then he continued to text me throughout the weekend and sent me a really creepy text about my "aura"
  • Went to Bellagio to meet up with Katie and friends.  I am youngest of group but they remind me of me and my friends and are cool.  I think they are hungover, which is good, so none of us go too nuts.
  • We go to a few work/networking parties and meet a lot of people that I need to follow up with.  Bond Bar and Clique at Cosmopolitan.
  • Bed ....$35 quesadilla.
  • Wake up
  • Run
  • Reserve spot at Vdara pool
  • tan
  • Go to lunch with D and P and F.
  • Amazing
  • Lago
  • so good and real to be with my girl and catch up on our lives....just the best feeling in the world.  Like, catch me up on your life in 60 mins.
  • Go back to Bellagio with pool with Katie and new bff N.
  • Have drink to feel better and feel worse
  • oh well...get in cold pool and deal
  • Get ready for night two
  • Meet up at Cosmo/Vaspar bar
  • Veuve
  • Walk into Beauty and Essex like a boss because of Flo's man.  Times your college tuition pays you back in very real ways....
  • I wish I would have taken vegas more for what it was and what I had and ran with it.  Ohwell.
  • Anyway...go to Marqueee...again, past all lines, for free, and drink tickets.
  • party, drink, talk to people
  • meet person who allegedly develops all trader joe's nationwide
  • stay at club because you lived in vegas and have issues being anywhere except behind the private/velvet rope section
  • walk through Cosmo and stop at craps table and meet person who owns grocery stores in Cincinnati.  Forget name.
  • Feet hurt
  • room...heat up quesadilla leftovers
  • pass out
that's now...

xoxoxoxoxo.  what 48 hours ouch.

No comments: