That an entire year - 2014 - passed without a single entry by me! Ahhhh-- fail! A quick re-cap? Started a new job in January (still love it), took the bar in February, went to wedding in Mexico on Valentine's day, March, just bearing through the winter. In April I passed the bar, we went to Vegas and Milwaukee for Cub's Brewer's game for our anniversary, May, June and July passed in a blur of Chicago summer fun -- festivals, baseball games, shopping, eating and drinking outside at every chance, buying a grill, making new friends, fishing in Canada. August and September the hubs was working out of state... that gave me the chance to make some girl friends and explore on my own -- which is fun but lonely and made me appreciate him ever so much more. Settled into the job by then. October we went to Sonoma and Napa and November hosted the in laws for Thanksgiving. Christmas was with my family in Colorado at the hot springs and we rang in the new year in Chicago at a fun 20's themed party.
To say that is a summary is ridiculous, but that is what comes to mind. It was a fantastic year; we love our new city, so much that we are looking for a house. Which means we have to sell our condo. sad, but we feel very fortunate to hopefully make decent money on it. I am so happy tolike my job; I thought we would just move, I would find some crap job to pay the bills, and then we would move again in a few years to somewhere exotic. Honestly, I think we are both exhausted of moving and really feel like we want to put down some roots and commit to something. Crazy... is this called adulthood?
We just got back from an amazing Southeast Asia tour, which I kept a written diary on.
Currently, I am in Toronto with PD & A. We have had a great crazy time. We are so funny -- nothing cultural, just eating and drinking our way around the city -- I guess that is our way of experiencing culture. It just works for us. I would love to do more shopping, but hey I guess this keeps me out of trouble ;) We've ate at Black Hoof, had dim sum, walked to the waterfront, stopped in an Irish pub, want to the Distillery District and had poutine and beers, bought some cutsie artisan food and browsed the boutiques, tried to go to Panorama for overlook of the city but it was closed, so we went to People's for creative Asian/middle eastern fusion type goodies. Now back at our airB N B -- tomorrow we go to Niagara Falls. Went there when I was maybe 12? with my grandparents and mom. I remember going up in one of the "needles" and having salmon that I thought was really good. (Before I had the salmon my hubby caught and brought to me in the law library -- yum). I can remember the cold of the mist, and the beautiful houses on the road from the border to the falls. I remember being fascinated by the stories of people that went over the falls in barrels.
Miss my honey. He had a crazy health "event" in December which scared us all the way it snuck up and how horribly unprepared we are for something like that. Grounded us a bit, if anything. We have pulled the plug on the b.c. (not just because of that) and let's see how that goes ;) So far, aunt flo hasn't made an appearance since I stopped the pill. I hope everything is ok.
14 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment